Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy 2021 All!

Happy New Year, I hope you are well and whole. We have lost much in the past year. Today lets start a restoration, not despite, by in honor of those fallen. Those stricken by disease of the body...or of the mind...or spirit need healing and care. Let it start here. 1/1/21

 

Having been born on the 21st, I have a special relationship with that number. It was the number on my uniform when I played sports. I remember those who have worn it such as Roberto Clemente and Paul O'Neil.



In Tommy, A Rock Opera by Pete Townsend there is a song which begins..."I have a feeling twenty one is going to be a good year..." I can't help but be "optimistic" simply because this new year is not the previous. There is no rationale to hope. And if I am going to be irrational then that is the way I intend. 

 

To have hope for us all is to be alive.

 

FINDING MY THEME…Cue the music…Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland. Performed by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Thanks to the integral help by my friend Lydia and my wife Jen, I have been advised to re-learn the basics of storytelling. In my effort to be original and “edgy,” I have lost sight of my audience which  is and must always be the “Common Man.” For along the lines of Professor Tolkien I too celebrate the extraordinary feats of heroism and valor committed by ordinary people. It is precisely that power I wish to explore in my writing.


Thank you all for your continuing support. I hope to be sharing with you soon...a memoir of renovation and rejuvenation:

My Brother In Law's Kitchen...a story about food, construction and living a good, simple life.




No comments: