Thursday, March 28, 2019

Facebook Announces New Policy to Ban White Nationalist Content - NY Times

13 Days and counting where I have not looked a my News Feed. Full disclosure, I have looked at Messenger and linked my last post via FB, but I have not looked at the targeted advertising in almost two weeks. And SURPRISE!

Life goes on.

Yesterday the media giant announced that they would no longer carry White Nationalist Content on their site. I have no illusions that my little protest had any impact, but never the less,  I am going the full 17 days without Facebook . One for each minute they live streamed murder. But, I think they still miss the point.

Is Hate Speech Free Speech?

If not, then why not ban all hate speech, and be extremely vigilant about what live streams? Which in turn could create jobs all over the world. Take a firm stand against all forms of intolerance and hate.

I am just one person, yet certain that many more people are outraged over Facebook's lack of over-site when it comes to violently disturbing content. I don't care what people believe or what god they pray to, but I insist on non-violence.

No comments: