Sunday, September 9, 2018

Never Forgetting...But Moving On...

9-1-1. 3-4-3.

Never forgetting does not have to mean always remembering. That is what I have done for a long time. Always reliving that day. Sometimes I would lose myself in the memory. If you were to be with me in those moments...or for those hours, you could tell I was not with you. I was in downtown Manhattan when the planes hit the buildings.

I want to thank you who have understood that over the years and have been there for me when I decided to return from the dead and join the living.

I am looking forward now. Remembering the good and leaving the worst behind.




I am going back
Today
So I can say goodbye
To yesterday

2017


I return to
My past
So, at last, I can rest

2001
So I can finally
Leave
Like I left that building
Which collapsed behind me
 And covered us in
Dust of hate’s
destruction

2013

I will forget
I will now
Not never
 Yet ever


The horror
The bravery
The guilt
The honor

2013


Will remind me
To remember
What we did
After the Fall

2002

2001


I will go back
And then
Go forward
For Love

2001



No comments: