Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hurricane Florence Poems

In the tense hours before and during the storm, my mind had the space to compose some poems.




Who built this road?
I’ll never know
I can only find out
Where it goes.

Who cleared the path?
What man? What woman?
What child ate because of
Their labor?

Who built the sky?
And mountains on
The horizon?

What God? Or Goddess
Filled the desert?

Who built this road?
I will never know. But now,
I must discover
Where it goes.

Perhaps I can find it
On a map. Or perhaps
I will just drive.

Uncle Stew 

Enigmatic tear from a place
so far
A well too deep

Perhaps dust
from a star
Mote in the eye
of a cry

Single tear
rivulets of tears
Sobs of grief
howls of laughter
cries for joy

All one expression
drops of water
made inside
a human being
But belonging
to
Eternity



I am back on the road to NYC to resume my job there. Expect more poetry will come to me on the long drive. I feel great love for all in my life. Thank you for the lessons. I am humbled and blessed to know you.


No comments: