Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday - MY Day!

After working all weekend...starting with a great class with Building's University and the Inspector Training Academy where I led the new recruits in an Introduction to Blue Print Reading for Inspectors. That jump-started my work week on Friday morning. I worked...a lot of hours out of the last 72. And I still have loads to do, like practically re-invent my next course due to be taught on the 14th. But today is for me. Most folks get the weekend...I get the week beginning. A time where I can try to catch up with my own thoughts in the quiet of my own home with not too many distractions.



Maybe I will take a slow ride on my red bike. But Brooklyn is particularly ugly this morning. I chose not to photograph a broken bag of garbage being constantly run over in the middle of Court Street, or the dead pet rat on the sidewalk. I say pet because it looked plump and clean, brown, not gray, but dead all the same, right there on the sidewalk next to a lamp post...outside a restaurant.



Maybe I will write something, or work on something I've already written. Lord knows the novel is stuck in limbo. Buried beyond Blue Print Reading and A Day in the Life of a Building Inspector. Sandwiched between the Administrative Code and the 2008 Building Code: An Introduction. Lost in all those details is the story of a man and his city, his past and his present, his sense of duty, and his obligation to himself...Or maybe I will clean the apartment, or get to painting the bathroom. Or...Maybe I will read my horoscope and see what advice the stars have for me...OR...



OR...maybe I'll just stay in and rub that kitty belly.

No comments: