Monday, October 28, 2019

Mining the Past

This morning I found the text of my old web log. Here is an excerpt:


And after September I finally went back to Yoga.

5/7/05

Taking a Look

 Step into a booth
Slip a dollar in the slot
Curtain opens come on baby
Show me what you’ve got

I’m young and I’m lonely
I can feel the blood in my vein
Got a rock in my hand
Nowhere to hide my shame

Cold sun rising over a pile of ruins
I look at myself and ask
“What am I doin’? ”

Step out of sunlight
Into shade
Take a sip from the cup
Of coffee I made
Lookin’ down the long pipe
Of my father’s gun
Longin’ for simple days
Of being his son
Come to another door
Slip key into lock
Curtain opens come on baby
Show Daddy what you bought

Cold sun rises over a pile of ruins
I take a look at myself
“Hey buddy, how am I doin’?”

If a man lives long enough
He gets to play it all
Spring, Summer Winter
Comes after fall

I think of mother
Get a chill to my bone
It’s true what they say
You can never go home

Cold sun rises over a rubble heap
I take a look at myself


No comments: