Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Without imagination, there can be no empathy. Without conscience, there can be no remorse.



To all my friends with whom I disagree: I look at you not as conservatives or liberals, Republicans or Democrats. I do not judge your motives by your ethnic background, nor your religious beliefs. I do not let what you say about me or how you may construe my statements on Face Book taint the fact that you are human beings. I look at you as Americans. Regardless of your views and opinions, you are people, citizens of the United States. The fine art of debate is being dragged through the mud. Let us drag it out, and clean it up so that we may have productive discussions. For too long we have just been shouting and not listening. If you are incapable of empathy, I do not hate you. I pity you. Which makes me more eager to hear and understand you.




My thoughts on the new president: No matter what the man does going forward, he will always be known as the candidate who pandered to our lowest evils and our most short sighted aspirations to win the presidency. He is the champion of misogynists, bigots, racists, and xenophobes. He ran on a platform built with planks of hatred, and closed mindedness. That is not going to be easily, if ever, forgotten.




Only generosity can combat greed. And Americans are the most generous people on Earth. The bottom line is power. And “We the People” just lost it. We gave it into the hands of few who have neither imagination, nor conscience.

No comments: