Thursday, July 3, 2014

At My Age

This is a bit crude. I composed it at the surgeons office where I was having my Lipoma examined. The past month has made me more and more aware of how little time there really is.  Since mom passed even my dreams seem more vivid. Each moment of the day carries a new significance which I never imagined. I never imagined life without mother. I just wouldn't. Couldn't. I loved visiting with her. We watched TV, caught up on the family gossip, and I got to ask her how she met my dad. No doubt there is a huge hole in my life now. But with her passing mom taught me the final lesson. Live. Live now.

At My Age

Its about the kiss
Not the...f*#k

The taste
Not the glut

The aroma
Not the smell
I begin to have
The discipline
To Tell
With a whisper not--

Not a yell

Slowing to enjoy
The miracle of
Life

Sharing with family
Friends
My wife.

All the good
All the time

Present to each
Struggle

And each triumph
As each obstacle
Is overcome.



No comments: