Saturday, August 18, 2012

Greetings From Winter Park

Hello my friends, just checking in. It has been a long busy week. We have successfully set up house in Florida. Jen has completed her week of orientation and next week classes start. And we part. I come back to NYC to work. She stays here and begins her work as a professor of theater and dance at Rollins. And I continue work for the DOB.

I know couples do thiis Long Distance thing all the time. But it is new to us. Last night we stayed up past 1am listening to Bruce Springsteen and talking about the future. We are pretty tight, so this is going to be hard. Looking forward to the support of my friends and family as we navigate the new situation. Also looking for outlets for my art. Adversity gets my creative juices flowing, writing and perhaps performing are activities I will use to fill the void. I think I dread the thought of performing more than being separated from my wife. I've heard the we should do things we are afraid to do. I am terrified. But I feel very much alive. And I really like it here in Orlando. This change needed to come, we were both stagnating in Brooklyn. Florida is a new chapter, a new beginning, a new apartment, a new couch! So stay in touch as the story unfolds.

Thanks for listening .

Ransom , over and out.

No comments: