Sunday, August 1, 2021

August...and Everything After

At midlife...there is often rebirth. This happened for me in the mid 1990s'. I began to fully embrace elements of myself previously submerged. A big part of my new awareness was helped along by the music of that time. The so called "Grunge" era for me was epitomized by groups like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Tracey Chapman, Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Third Eye Blind and... my favorite...Counting Crows with their break through album "August and Everything After" all of which provided for me the sound track to my movie. The film noir of my life.
Back then I had no clue where I was going, I only knew I did not care for where I had been. The ensuing changes have landed me here, now, with you. Thanks for taking the time to read about my journey. One thing I continue to embrace is the unknown. What is going to happen next? This suspense is what keeps me going.
Sometimes I doubt the ground. It’s as if I feel gravity will somehow abandon me at unawares and I will suddenly find myself floating…directionless. Now... I am a being... completely unfettered by the laws of physics. How free my thought is. How boundless. Perhaps doubt is not such a bad thing after all.

No comments: