Saturday, March 27, 2021

Robert Frost's Birthday

 This from the All Poetry Facebook page:

 

 "Today we wish a happy birthday to Robert Frost, who was born on this day in 1874. Which one of his poems is your favorite? To celebrate his poetry and his life, we challenge you to write a poem in his signature style. If you're stuck, use your favorite Frost poem as inspiration."

 

March 27, 2021 

 

"... when a man’s desires are large and powerful they can knock out his deliberation."

Aristotle

 

 

     Remembering James.

The mountain is steep and so very high.

“To the summit!” My mortal voice does cry.

Haloed in clouds and mist of rainbow shade

but heavy legs of lead have me waylaid.

 

My heart does often yearn for lofty views

away up there atop God’s rock hewn pews.

To fill my shallow lungs with wind born air 

in places where the mythic raptors dare.

 

Yet stand I here, still at pinnacle’s boot

daunted by the wonder of mountain root.

So though upward may my ambition soar,

I tarry here on a grassy floor. 

 

Photo by Allan DiBiase

 

 


 


No comments: